POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There comes a time... : Re: There comes a time... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 09:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There comes a time...
From: Orchid XP v7
Date: 5 Feb 2008 13:21:30
Message: <47a8a92a$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Sure, flash drives work easily enough, but any other piece of hardware
> usually requires you follow a specific sequence before you even plug the
> device in. Otherwise, Windows (not sure how this works on other
> platforms) will do magically bad things, such as install a persistent
> incorrect driver that takes several steps and a few sacrificed chickens
> to remove.

Clearly I don't have enough USB gear - I haven't had that problem.
(Although something similar happened with a SCSI tape drive. But then,
it's a SCSI tape drive...)

Not that anybody cares, but I have an outboard USB sound card, USB MIDI
interface, USB printer and a USB mouse. The mouse keeps not working...
everything else works flawlessly.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/